BETTER TOGETHER

divendres, de desembre 08, 2006


LUCK

The man who said 'I'd rather be lucky than good’ saw deeply into life. People are afraid to face how great a part of life is dependent on luck. It's scary to think so much is out of one's control. There are moments in a match when the ball hits the top of the net and for a split second it can either go forward or fall back. With a little luck, it goes forward and you win…or maybe it doesn’t, and you lose.

We all like to think that we have so much control over our own lives and of our destinies.You always hear people saying, ‘I make my own luck.’ We think if we work hard we will succeed and, yes, hard work is important. But people are afraid to admit how contingent their lives are on chance and luck.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anònim said...

Hola Marta!
You are absolutely correct. Best things in life are everything unexpected and suprising. I am always most happy when I experience something that maybe I have initialized but then grows into something totally unexpected. Not to say that things achieved with hard work cannot be satisfying also. It is just that if you always know the result beforehand, what is so fun and interesting about it ? Keep writing your insights, you seem like very intelligent young woman :)

12/10/2006 11:48:00 p. m.  
Anonymous Anònim said...

HOla amore!!
Soc la Carol, t'escric per primer cop al teu blog (que m'encanta, ja ho saps), de moment t'escric en català, potser algún dia em llenço i ho faig en anglès... jeje
Quantes coses per reflexionar amb tot lo que dius eh? Penso que la gent hauria de llegir més aquests comentaris i petites coses... al menys per valorar una mica lo que tenim al voltant, i no queixar-nos tant de coses que al cap i a la fi son intrascendents...

t'estimu molttttt
contralts 4ever
muas
Carol

12/16/2006 05:38:00 p. m.  
Blogger MARTA said...

Thanks very much from writing, ...but I'm sorry to say that these words are not mine. I decided to write them because it's exactly what I think...but thanks for writing anyway...
Of course I'll keep on writing everything in my mind.I really would like you write again in the blog....

Carol!!! guapíssima...quina ilusió que m'hagis escrit. Això dels blogs va molt bé per estar al dia de tot... Aniré escribint totes les cosetes que em vagin passant, a la vida i pel cap... Un petonet ben gran!!!

12/16/2006 06:05:00 p. m.  
Anonymous Anònim said...

Hola Marta!
First I want to say that marta is an amayzing person. I know her since last year when she was my mental teacher and she helped me a lot with my attitude on court. I think what u said about luck it's excelent,and that example with a tennis ball that u don't know where it's gna fall it's perfect. and i know that that cuz i'm a tennis player... I wish a lot of good luck with ur writing and see u soon

12/24/2006 12:34:00 a. m.  
Blogger MARTA said...

Alex, thank you very much for writing here, and especially for all what you say. You are an awesome guy!!!
It was a pleasure to work with you last year but it's even better to see you everyday in the club, chating and laughing with your friends! I just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and I encourage you to keep on reading and writing. See you again after Christmas time,and remember....you never know in what side the ball is gonna fall....
LOVE
Marta.
PD: These words are for you!

Time and time and time we see these Acts against humanity, well,
Each for each and each will be then Shed blood for what they each believe, well On and on and on we go well, Some will you see and, some won't be True for you and truth will lead you To a sense of, well now, peace
X.Rudd. Let me be

12/24/2006 01:02:00 a. m.  

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home